How to visit an inmate at Cherokee County Sheriff's Office
Visiting an inmate can be a daunting and emotional experience, but it is an important way to show support and maintain connections with loved ones who are incarcerated. Whether it’s your first time or you’re a regular visitor, there are important steps you should take to prepare for and make the most of your visit. Follow the steps below to learn the process of visiting an inmate, including what to expect, how to prepare, and what to do during your visit.
Cherokee County Sheriff's Office inmate search
To find a person at Cherokee County Sheriff's Office start by searching for the person using the facility inmate search above.
Check visiting hours and rules
Before visiting your loved one, it is important to check the visiting hours and rules of the facility. Different facilities have different rules, so it is important to do your research ahead of time. You can usually find this information on the facility website. or by calling their main office.
Here are some common rules you should be aware of:
- You must be on the inmates approved visitor list
- You must bring a valid photo ID
- You cannot bring certain items into the facility, such as cell phones or food.
- You must follow the dress code (no revealing clothing, for example)
Prepare for the visit
Once you have checked the visiting hours and rules then you can prepare for your visit. Here is checklist you can use to plan your visit:
- Who will be visiting with you? Most facilities have a limit on the number of visitors per inmate, so make sure you check before your visit.
- Most facilities have a dress code, so make sure you and anyone else with you dresses appropriately.
- Plan to arrive early as possible to allow time for security checks and other procedures.
Here are some tips to make the most of your visit:
- Respect the facility staff and follow all instructions. Don't risk having your visit cut short.
- Avoid discussing senstive topics to anything that could be considered a security risk
- Above anything else, show your loved support and encouragement. Try to be positive and uplifting.
Video Visitation at Cherokee County Sheriff's Office
You can also check if video visitation is available at Cherokee County Sheriff's Office by visiting the facility website. If available you can sign up for account to schedule a video visit. There are few important rules for video visits:
- Dress code will be enforced. No nudity or inappropriate clothing
- No recording of video visits. If you're caught violating this restriction you may have your visiting privliges suspended or revoked.
- Misconduct by anyone during the video may result in immediate termination of the visit, and may include disciplinary action by the facility.