- This Policy explains the privacy practices of Penmate. and its family of related companies including licensees (collectively, "Penmate") and applies to your use of Penmate's products and services, including the websites that link to this policy (collectively, the "Services"). For more information on our Services, click here.
- This Policy covers how Penmate treats the personal information we collect and receive related to your use of our Services
- When we refer to "personal information", what we mean is any information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, e-mail address, credit card information, or phone number, and any other information that is not otherwise publicly available.
- This Policy does not apply to the practices of people or companies that Penmate does not own, control, employ or manage, except where incorporated by reference within licensing arrangements with third parties.
- Minors - You must be at least 18 years old to register or subscribe for Penmate's Services because Penmate is available only to individuals who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law.
- Penmate may collect personal information about you when you visit and use our websites, when you register or subscribe for and sign in to our Services, when you open our e-mail newsletters or use Penmate mobile applications, when you visit the websites of some Penmate partners, and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes sponsored by or in connection with Penmate.
- Penmate may combine the information that we collect about you with information that we obtain from business partners or other sources.
- When you subscribe to or use our Services, we may ask you to provide information such as your name, credit card information, mailing address (including country of residence), e-mail address, telephone number, birth year, gender, occupation, and other personal interests. In addition, when you subscribe to or use our Services, we collect and store your IP address. Note, you are not anonymous to us when you sign in to our Services.
- Penmate may collect information about your transactions with us and our business partners through our Services.
- Furthermore, when you use our Services, we receive and record information from your mobile phone or computer's web browser, including your IP address, Penmate cookie information, the type of software and hardware you are using and the pages you visit.
- Penmate does not rent or sell personal information about you with third parties, however, we reserve the right to share the personal information we collect about you through our Services with third parties when we have your permission or under the circumstances described below.
Penmate may use the data we collect about you for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the products or services you have requested from us or through our Services;
- To provide personal information, when required by law, in connection with security-related or law enforcement investigations, to comply with legal requirements, orders, or proceedings, to perform credit checks, report or collect debts owed, or to protect the rights or property of Penmate, our employees, our subscribers, and our Services;
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Penmate's Terms of Service,
- To customize the content and provide targeted advertising for our Services and to improve our Services;
- To contact you with offers by Penmate and/or third parties that we think may be of interest to you;
- To conduct research and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients;
- We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers and to administer our websites and to estimate the total number of Internet users who visit our websites from certain countries or regions of the world;
- We may provide data to trusted partners who work on our behalf to communicate with you about offers from Penmate and our marketing partners. Note, these companies do not have any right to use or share the data for any other purposes;
- When you enter a promotion sponsored or offered in connection with Penmate, we may contact you and share your personal information with third parties so that we may administer the promotion, for prize fulfillment, and as otherwise specified in the official rules for the promotion.
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the Penmate Services or your account, such as service announcements and administrative messages, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
- Information about how to opt out of receiving communications to which you are currently subscribed is included in every communication we send to you.
- If you request termination of your Penmate account, it is our practice to deactivate your account and block further e-mail deliveries to you in approximately 30 days. This delay is necessary to discourage users from engaging in fraudulent activity.
- Please note that the information Penmate collects about you may be stored on servers outside your home country - currently on servers in the United States. If you are visiting our websites from a country other than the United States or your home country, please note that the United States or other countries where we may be hosting servers may not have the same data protection laws as your country or jurisdiction. By providing your personal information to Penmate, you are consenting to: (i) the use of your personal information for the uses described in this policy; and (ii) the transfer of your personal information to a country outside your home country - currently the United States.
- Penmate may update this Policy from time to time. We will post any update(s) to this Policy on our websites. All update(s) will be effective immediately on posting.